Thursday 29 January 2015

Dr. Organic Aloe Vera skin care review



Dr Organic aloe Vera range is for sensitive and dry skin types and being both of those, I decided to try it out. I bought both products; the Aloe Vera face cream and Aloe Vera body butter from Holland and Barrett (I will leave the links for prices and products at the bottom of the page). Holland and Barrett stock the whole range that Dr. Organic offer and it is worth having a look at the other ranges. 

Starting with the aloe Vera body butter, I found that although it is for dry skin, I would apply it and it would still feel quite dry afterwards. I used this product for 3 weeks until I could actually see the benefits of using the body butter and used an alternative body cream. The body butter contains very good natural ingredients like aloe Vera, shea butter, jojoba oil and vitamin E. The body butter didn't hydrate my skin and I was quite disappointed as it is paraben free, SLS free, no artificial colours, fragrances or harsh preservatives, so I had high hopes. 
Dr organic aloe Vera body butter : 2/5 rating 

Moving on to the aloe Vera face cream, I found the same problem with the face cream as I did with the body butter, however the face cream hydrated my skin enough for the season that I used it in which was summer. The cream is light enough for a summer cream as in the summer I do not need so much hydration  and this face cream would work perfectly for that time of year. I did not feel that my face benefitted from this cream and therefore I am rating the aloe Vera face cream with a 2/5 as well. 

Dr. Organic do a wide range of different skincare products based on your type of skin and needs and I would recommend that you have a look at the other ranges as you may find they work for you. 


http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-aloe-vera-body-butter-60083608 

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/dr-organic-aloe-vera-concentrated-cream-60083610

If you have used this range let me know what you thought! 

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @its_beauty_spot 

Kay xo 







No comments:

Post a Comment